2.05.2010

It happened again!

Yesterday was a great day at work because another person decided to cook for me! Well, it was for our office, but she was most excited to share with me (at least I like to think so). My coworker, also a culinary grad, prepared two sushi dishes; one for people who like sushi, and the other for those who don't (more of a turkey, salami and pastrami pinwheel). One of the lessons we were taught in school was that we had to learn how to prepare food for the masses. Not everyone is going to like the same things that you like, and as a restaurant chef, you have to find the balance between the two (something that I did not really like, hence why I do not really ever want to work in a kitchen again). My coworker remembered that lesson as she surprised us with our sushi. Some people just are not as adventurous of eaters as others (a shame really), so she went the extra step and made the pinwheels so that everyone would feel included. The dishes were beautiful!! She even took the time to plate them in a fun way (something that I really need to practice). The first picture is of the California rolls with pineapple (YUM) and the next is of the pinwheels.

(Please take note of the cucumber peel lattice as well as the pickled sushi!!))

No comments:

Post a Comment